Fabulous little omelettes filled with Mexican-inspired deliciousness. Making and eating them is brilliant fun, and they’re unusually fulfilling for a humble omelette.
Recipe serves 4.
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 3 limes
- ½ a Bunch of Fresh Coriander
- 3 Tablespoons Natural Yoghurt
- Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 Carrot
- ½ White or Green Cabbage
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli
- 8 Large Free-Range Eggs
- 60 g Cheddar Cheese
For the Avocado, Zingy Lime & Chilli Slaw:
- Squeeze the avocado flesh into a blender, discarding the stone and skin.
- Squeeze in all the juice from 2 limes, rip in the coriander stalks, add the yoghurt and a splash of oil and whiz until smooth, then season to perfection.
- Peel the onion and carrot, grate the onion and carrot ideally in a food processor, or using a box grater.
- Finely slice the cabbage.
- Very finely slice the Red Chilli.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add most of the coriander leaves, pour over the avocado mix and toss together well. Taste and season again, if needed.
For the Omelettes:
- Whisk all the eggs together in a bowl, with a splash of water to loosen and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-low heat. Once fairly hot, put in a tiny drizzle of oil followed by a quarter of the egg mixture.
- Swirl it all around the pan, grate over a quarter of the cheese and let it melt.
- Cook the omelette gently without colouring it, so it’s soft, silky and smooth, for approximatley 2 minutes, only cooking on one side, ensuring it is cooked through.
- Slide it on to a plate, spoon over a quarter of the avocado slaw, then gently fold up the sides and roll over.
- Serve with a wedge of lime, a few extra coriander leaves and some tortillas.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.