For all things Mexican this month, why not try these quick and easy burrito bowls, perfect for all the family.
- 128gr of White or Brown Rice
- 1 tsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Ground/Minced Beef
- 1 tbsp. Chilli Powder
- Freshly Ground black pepper
- 128gr of grated Gouda
- 1/4 c. Freshly Chopped Coriander
- 128gr Tomato Salsa
- 128gr Guacamole – Homemade or Store Bought
- 8 oz. Grated Cheddar
- Tortilla chips, broken
- 128gr of Sour Cream
- In a small pot, cook rice according to package instructions with 1/2 a teaspoon salt. Fluff with a fork and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, add oil and cook ground/minced beef until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Remove excess oil with a spoon and discard.
- Add chilli powder, salt, pepper, and grated Gouda, and just before serving, fold coriander into the rice.
- Assemble burrito bowl: To a bowl, add a large spoonful of rice, cheesy beef, tomato salsa, guacamole, cheddar, and a handful of broken tortilla chips. Top with sour cream and freshly chopped coriander serve immediately.
Enjoy with a cool soft drink or a beer!