For you or the little people in your life to enjoy!
- 250g/8oz Cream or Plain Flour
- 75g/3oz Butter, softened
- 75g/3oz Light Muscovado Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Bread Soda
- 50g/2oz Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Icing Pens
- Melted Chocolate (optional)
- Dried Fruit, Nuts or Sweets (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add bread soda, golden syrup and egg yolk and stir well.
- Sift the flour and spices into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Shape into a ball and knead lightly on a work surface until smooth. Wrap and chill for about 30 minutes before using.
- Thinly roll out dough and use gingerbread cutters to cut out shapes. Place on lightly greased baking sheets, leaving a space between each.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour. Transfer to a wire tray to cool.
- When completely cool, decorate as desired.